Yavapai County Flood Control District

A Development Permit (DP) is required and can be obtained from the District prior to construction, placing fill, excavation, or otherwise developing in the floodplain or Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA).

  • Each application for a DP or extension of a DP shall be made on forms furnished by the Floodplain Administrator.
  • Additional submittals may be required prior to and after issuance of a DP, in order to satisfy the requirements of the Development Permit.
  • There is no charge for this permit.
  • For more information concerning a DP please refer to the Yavapai County Flood Control District Ordinance (Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance) or call either of the District offices.
  • There may be State or Federal permits required depending on the type of development.

Report any illegal floodplain development and/or activities to the Flood Control District, such as:

  Building - web.flood.control@yavapaiaz.gov

  Dumping of Material in a Watercourse - reportwaterpollution@yavapaiaz.gov

Terms Of UsePrivacy StatementCopyright 2023 by Yavapai County Government
Back To Top